Shine Your Light Youth Vocal Competition
Saturday, May 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
You must purchase 2 or more tickets. No individual tickets will be sold due to limited seating.
Raymond Cruz valiantly fought a battle with Stage 4 Ewing-like Sarcoma from 2017 to 2019. Throughout his battle, he was given the opportunity to share his message of hope with people through his music, from the hallways of Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to the stage of the Ryman. Ray and his mother, Blandina, started the Shine Your Light Youth Vocal Competition in 2019 to raise funds for the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital where Ray received his treatments.
Ray's family and friends will continue the competition in Ray's name and with his spirit guiding them. Learn more about Ray of Light Foundation here.
No tickets will be sold on the day of the performance. All ticket sales must be in advance.
Sunday Concert Series at Academy Park
Sunday, June 6, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 20, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
We are excited to start the summer with this free outdoor concert series.
Mark your calendar! Each evening will feature unique local artists rocking out on our stage. Be sure to participate in the themed costume contests for a chance to win prizes. Bring your lawn chairs and picnic baskets. Details for each show coming soon.
- Anyone who is feeling ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, running a fever, or has been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID in the previous 10 days should not attend events at the Performing Arts Center.
- Patrons will be required to wear face masks while on the property.
- Patrons will enter the theater through the lobby and exit from the theater to our courtyard.
- Events will be limited to an audience of 80 or less based on configuration. The room will be set up prior to the event in order to maintain social distancing and may not be altered in any way. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Maintain seating that affords 6’ social distancing between individuals who are not members of the same household.
- When the event has vocalists, there will be a 15ft. distance from the edge of the stage to the first row of audience members to protect from transmission of aerosol droplets.
- Concessions will not be sold during this time. Patrons are welcome to bring in water only.
- There will be no intermission. Please try to use the restrooms before the performance begins.